Website Milrose Consultants, Inc.
Milrose’s Code and Zoning Department is the leading consultant in the Building Code and Zoning arena and partners with clients throughout their development process. The Senior Code and Zoning Consultant is a subject matter expert who works as the lead Code and Zoning representative of the Milrose team to achieve the client’s strategic objectives within the budgeted and designated timelines.
· Engage as an expert in all stages of our client’s developments to assist and lead from concept to construction related to all Code and Zoning matters
· Review design plans for compliance with all local, national and global zoning and building code regulations, as well as submission requirements.
· Perform initial due diligence for various types of proposed developments
· Review and prepare documentation for determinations/reconsiderations/variance requests
· Advise design applicants and clients on how to achieve compliance with the Zoning Resolution and Building Codes by identifying potential concerns and recommending resolutions.
· Represent company at both project and agency meetings
· Interact with municipal and national officials as necessary
· Collaborate with project teams and design professionals to successfully file projects with the New York City Department of Buildings, including preparing variance requests and meeting with Department of Buildings personnel when necessary.
· Review construction plans for compliance with New York City Building Code regulations and prepare written comments for design applicants.
· Perform plan reviews and consult on regional projects based on Department project load
· Prepare Building Code and Zoning Reports to advise clients on development decisions
· Adhere to project budgets and track time accordingly
· Prepare technical proposals and memos
· Train various levels of staff on existing codes as well as updates
· Prioritize and multitask as required to meet accelerated schedules or changes in strategy
· Identify new Business Development with both existing and new clients
· Assist in developing new services and areas of expertise to grow the Department’s offerings.
· Bill 100+ hours per month in accordance with company requirements.
· All other projects as assigned
· Assisting All Other Departments, Regions, Teams as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, or equivalent.
· 10+ years of experience on complex, large-scale projects
· Experience with Architecture, Engineering & Construction of New Buildings, Additions, Interior and Exterior Alterations, Signage and Site Work
· RA, PE, or New York City Department of Buildings Class 2 Filing Representative License preferred.
· Familiarity with—and ability to interpret—the New York City Zoning Resolution, the New York City Building Code, and other New York City and Regional codes.
· Familiarity with the process of obtaining approvals from the New York City Department of Buildings.
· Previous experience with construction methodologies preferred.
· Ability to work within limited time constraints and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
· Strong organizational skills.
· High energy and assertive curiosity
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Proficient in computer programs such as Word and Excel.
· Valid Driver’s License
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com