Mortenson Construction is a family-owned, privately-held corporation that began in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1954. Today the company operates as a diversified construction organization, offering services in construction, design-build, development, diverse workforce planning, facility operations, preconstruction, and program management.
Mortenson helps all customers achieve their goals – anywhere in the world. Mortenson maintains its company headquarters in Minneapolis, and supports offices in Chicago, Denver, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Seattle, and Shanghai, China. Smaller offices are staffed as needed around the world in order to serve the unique needs of our customers. We also have teams that specialize in certain types of markets, such as federal work, renewable energies, sports arenas, and mission critical facilities.
Our business philosophy is dedicated to trusting relationships, excellence in performing services, and advanced technology in building. We have built a reputation for being a solid and progressive company that is trustworthy, responsible, and a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
Summary: Mortenson Construction is seeking a well-rounded candidate to assist our Marketing and Business Development team. The Marketing Coordinator will design and execute a variety of tasks including proposals, presentations, internal and external communications, and social media efforts while supporting all marketing and communications efforts for the operating group.
- Design and prepare proposals, presentations, and marketing materials for new business
- Ensure that various aspects of proposals (technical scope, project experience, resumes, etc.) and other marketing materials are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Assemble, design, and write marketing and communications collaterals, including newsletters, special event materials, electronic and print mailings, project signage, and brochures
- Manage social media efforts including creation and maintenance of Twitter and website content
- Prepare and upload content for company intranet site
- Perform and manage professional photos of Mortenson team members and projects
- Participate/collaborate in overall marketing strategy development and implementation
KEY SKILL PREFERENCES
- Two to four years related experience preferred
- Solid writing and editing skills (grammar, spelling, proofing, conciseness, etc.)
- Excellent creative, organizational, and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to be flexible
- Strong design foundation and understanding of the principles of typography and layout
- Detail orientated and able to organize and prioritize multiple assignments within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Adaptive, effective communication and interpersonal skills with those of diverse organizational levels and backgrounds
- Resourcefulness; self-starting work habits; creativity in problem solving based on information and judgment; professional; positive attitude; and a good sense of humor
- Experience in the construction, engineering, or architectural industry a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Business, or a related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.