Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are vital, with attention to detail equally important. The senior project manager will provide overall leadership direction to one large project or multiple projects to include the management of project quality, timeliness, safety, as well as mentoring the project team. Develop and enhance customer relationships by providing excellent service.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the overall financial health of projects
- Develop and maintain project financial projections and equipment projections
- Determine and allocate project estimate into financial system
- Determine cost codes, approve invoices, and make necessary budget management decisions
- Provide financials and billings to Accounting for timely payment
- Create monthly owner billings
- Manage subcontracts and suppliers for the project
- Oversee budget for and make selections of subcontractors and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
- Manage Assistant Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Provide job assignments and manage career development
- Approve time cards for on-site team members
- Provide training
- Review work performance; determine rewards and/or performance management measures
- Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunitie
- Manage change orders
- Determine when to submit to the owner or on-site representative
- Obtain the customer and/or architect’s approval
- Other duties as assigned including:
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
- Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision making to assure project success
- Responsible for dispute resolution
- Minimum eight years of construction management or related experience
- Commercial construction experience required
- Proven ability to assist with all responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction
- Management, or equivalent experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.