Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson’s Phoenix Operating Group is seeking a Design Phase Manager to ensure the owner’s vision is translated into design solutions and construction parameters through leadership of the design process and team members. May work on two environmental water / waste water treatment plant projects simultaneously or one larger project.
Manage the design process:
• Work closely with customers/owners to define completed project expectations, including key factors to focus on within the design phase,
• Facilitate the solicitation, selection, and contracting with designers for design build projects
• Develop and/or lead the preparation and presentation of project proposals
• Develop detailed project design phase and baseline construction schedules
• Conduct detailed construction planning, including contract manual, subcontractor selections, MWD/BE participation, trade and site utilization planning, disruption avoidance planning, owner direct purchase planning, all within principles of Lean Design Delivery and utilization of BIM/VDC technology
• Lead design team members in facilitating designs incorporating constructability, logistics solutions, identifying customers expectations, and critical success factors, providing meaningful input to project’s programming and conceptual design activities.
• Lead estimating team members in development of technical design aspects of project including drawing, specifications and scheduling, in addition to cost documentation.
• Manage costs of the design phase, including estimate preparation, technical estimating, valued engineering, life-cycle analysis and budgetary/financial management
• Ensure regulatory approvals are obtained and risk management requirements are met for insurance, bonding, owner contract, and subcontractor T & Cs
• Implement LEED tracking and analysis
Oversight and supervision of design phase team members:
• Mentor Design Phase Engineers and encourage career development and growth
• Ensure team members have resources and support
• Provide work direction and performance evaluations
• Identify hiring needs and participate in hiring, discipline, and dismissal decisions if needed
Other duties as assigned:
• Model and set the tone for exceptional customer relations, gathering feedback and clarification during design process, as well as identifying future projects and collaboration
• Manage site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
• Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
• Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
• Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
• Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
• Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
• Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, Estimating, or equivalent field
• Minimum six years relevant experience
• Current driver’s license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.