Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an Estimator with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Estimator will gather, calculate, and compile data in order to produce project estimates; for smaller projects, this position will also prepare the full estimate.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Create Project Estimates
- Complete quantity takeoffs and summations of materials
- Solicit trade partners, obtain bid estimates and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Help in preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Proposal documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor’s and other schedule-driven items
- Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project
- Support lead estimator in data input into estimating software program(s)
- Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering
- Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings, and site investigations, as needed
- Support lead estimator in gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Help manage Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction to new Estimators and Engineers as they join the team
- Solicit new bidders when needed, and gather necessary documents for inclusion in future projects
- May provide training to other estimators and interns
- Related internship or 1 year construction operations experience preferred
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Familiarity with building/estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Current driver’s license
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.