Mortenson’s Phoenix office is hiring an MEP Project Manager to provide overall leadership and direction on MEP scopes of work on a large data center project in Utah.
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002… what are you waiting for?!
Manage the overall financial health of projects
- Develop and maintain project financial projections and equipment projections
- Determine and allocate project estimate into financial system
- Determine cost codes, approve invoices, and make necessary budget management decisions
- Provide financials and billings to Accounting for timely payment
- Create monthly owner billings
Manage subcontracts and suppliers for the project
- Oversee budget for and make selections of trade partners and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
- Oversee the 3-D coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to installation
- Direct and manage the commissioning process on the project inclusive of the start up plan, COT, commissioning schedule, and functional testing
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over, and training
Manage Assistant Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Provide job assignments and manage career development
- Approve time cards for on-site team members
- Provide ongoing feedback of work performance
Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities
Manage change orders
- Determine when to submit to the owner or on-site representatives
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural, Mechanical, and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent field experience
Minimum six years construction management experience, preferably experience with a Mechanical or Electrical Contractor
Proven ability to fulfill development to closeout responsibilities on complex commercial projects
- Experience working on data center projects preferred but not required
Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
Current driver’s license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
***No Agency calls or solicitations
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.