M.A. Mortenson Company (Mortenson) is a fast-growing, technologically savvy professional services organization that tackles some of the most complex real estate and construction opportunities in North America. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Mortenson employs approximately 5,500 construction, real estate and facility professionals, and craft workers. Its national network of offices includes Denver, Seattle, Phoenix, Washington, DC, Chicago, Milwaukee, Portland and San Antonio.
The family-owned company had 2018 revenues of approximately $4B. Mortenson currently has a record backlog and strong pipeline of customers and projects that will result in significant growth. In addition to growing its traditional construction business, Mortenson is rapidly expanding its real estate development, program management, virtual design and construction and engineering capabilities.
Every facet of Mortenson’s business is guided by these foundational elements:
· Mortenson Values
Dedicated to values of Trust, Responsibility, Safety, Teamwork, Service and Stewardship.
· Purpose Statement
Building structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society.
Create an exceptional customer experience.
The Company is frequently named one of the Best Places to Work and is the recipient of numerous awards for quality, safety and innovation. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a progressive company and is recognized as a leader in their industry and in the communities in which they live and work. As part of a commitment to stewardship, five percent of pre-tax income is donated annually to provide assistance locally, nationally and internationally.
Mortenson builds more than buildings. Their team members lead the way to create new sources of power, create awe through amazing fan experiences and provide comfort to those in need. With values at their core, Mortenson team members tackle complex challenges and provide innovative solutions with teamwork and pride.
The Sports + Entertainment Group
The Sports+ Entertainment Group (“Sports Group”) is committed to identifying, developing and executing projects that reflect Mortenson’s purpose of building structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society on a national level.The Sports Group’svision is to build projects that reflect our purpose and build our brand; recruit, develop, and mentor future leaders; exhibit innovation in everything we do; and be the best and most respected sports builder in America.
Some of Mortenson’s more notable sports projects include:
· Target Field (Minneapolis, MN)
· Pinnacle Bank Arena (Lincoln, NE)
· KFC Yum! Center (Louisville, KY)
· US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
· Fiserv Forum (Milwaukee, WI)
· SunTrust Park (Atlanta, GA)
· Las Vegas Multi-purpose Stadium (Las Vegas, NV)
· Chase Center (San Francisco, CA)
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Lean Innovation Manager to support the Sports + Entertainment Operating Group to outline and implement its Lean Innovation agenda. You will also support individual project teams to define and execute Project Standard Work through the application of Lean Innovation methods and capabilities Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
· Develop the group’s business plan initiatives for improvement through Lean and Innovation.
· Work effectively with Field Operations Managers, Project executives, Project Managers, Project Superintendents, quality managers, safety managers, VDC and other Project staff to develop ‘Project Standard Work’ and drive innovation.
· Lead the Operating Group to develop a detailed and measurable plan for executing and sustaining that improvement.
· The Operating Group will be successful in executing those plans and in building improvements into their standard work, in part due to the effective facilitation, follow-up, and support by the Lean Innovation Manager
· Facilitate and inspire the Operating Group’s contribution to Mortenson’s Best Practices Database, the Lean Innovation Playbook, and the Mortenson Innovation Board.
· Support the Operating Group in effectively communicating its agenda and plans, progress, outcomes and capabilities to inform, engage, inspire and celebrate these improvements
· Facilitate application of Mortenson’s core Lean Innovation methods to improve self-performed craft work, including supporting Superintendents, Foremen and Craft Workers in the introduction, training and follow-up on use of these methods
· Traveling to job sites around the country in support of the Operating Group’s initiatives with our project teams.
How will you succeed?
· Construction industry experience required – 5 years minimum
· Experience, coursework or certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Operational Excellence or Supply Chain is a plus
· Experience with The Last Planner System and 5S
· Ability to effectively interface and facilitate lean concepts with customers, designers, engineers, trade partners and other business partners
· Adaptive, effective communication and active listening skills
· Excellent problem solving and detail-oriented innovation skills
· Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and inclusive behaviors
· Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
· Proven record of including diverse team members when assigning challenging and high-profile tasks
· Judgment and resource management, including the ability to direct / redirect their own efforts and any additional Lean Innovation resources to the areas of the greatest need
· Leadership through influence and personal relationships (leadership without authority)
· Current driver’s license
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.