We are looking for a Resident Engineer who can assist in construction inspections under general supervision for the Wethersfield, CT office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage staff and assign qualified inspectors to cover various construction activities.
- Must be able to work with contractor personnel and various stakeholders to assure work conforms to project plans, specs and approved submittals.
- Attend various meetings, as needed, relating to assigned construction projects.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in the project manual.
- Submit extensive written reports and documentation. Construction reports and logs are written and filed daily.
- Supervise the performance of materials inspection and acceptance prior to installation.
- Manage the coordination of required project acceptance testing.
- Supervise the performance of specific installation tasks, field measurements and as assigned duties.
- Must have basic math skills to oversee measurements and computations of installed quantities.
- Interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- Must have an ability to operate a level and have an understanding of cut and fills and elevations for grades.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of construction.
- Must be able to read plans and have a good understanding of project specifications.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management a plus.
- Minimum 7 years experience.
- ConnDOT experience preferred.
- PE and/or NICET IV; CCM a major plus.
HAKS is an established, fast-growing and multi-disciplined engineering, architectural, construction management, land surveying and material testing firm headquartered in New York City with additional offices in Ossining and Melville, NY; Iselin and Mount Laurel, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Fairfax, VA; Wethersfield and Bridgeport, CT; Boston, MA, Providence, RI, Palm Harbor and Miami, FL, Houston, Texas, and an international office Bahrain and Bangalore, India.
HAKS offers a competitive wage, bonus incentive, complete benefits package including 401(k) with company match, medical and dental plans and opportunities for growth.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit haks.mua.hrdepartment.com.