Website Ithaca College
Maintain and update plans and specifications for all existing Ithaca College buildings and facilities in hard copy and CAD (computer aided design) format. Ensure compliance with legislation pertaining to building codes and other related issues. Routinely visit College buildings and facilities and identify items or areas in need of repair, replacement, and/or cleaning. Serve as liaison with the building and facilities occupants, the Director for Facilities Maintenance and the Director of Facilities Services to request service and/or repairs to improve the condition of public areas. Develop and maintain computerized records.
1. Maintain and update plans, drawings, and specifications for all existing Ithaca College buildings and facilities in hard copy and CAD (computer aided design) format. Prepare drawings and create and maintain accurate and current building, underground utility, and facility maps; incorporate Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) information into computerized files. Provide information and/or documentation pertaining to buildings and facilities as appropriate.
2. Organize and maintain College building and site drawings and construction-related documents including maps, blueprints, surveys, specifications and renovation or construction project files. Update and maintain all building records.
3. Transfer existing campus paper drawings onto electronic media for long-term preservation and storage. Plan, develop and implement a dual-site electronic storage system to enhance the security of College building and site drawings and construction-related documents.
4. Routinely visit College buildings and facilities and identify items or areas in need of repair, replacement, and/or cleaning. Serve as liaison with the building and facility occupants and the appropriate personnel within Physical Plant to identify and recommend creative, efficient, and cost-effective solutions for improving the condition of public areas; submit service requisitions through the iServiceDesk request system.
5. Supervise students in collection of classroom attributes; ensure classroom attributes pictures are entered into the School Dude/Maintenance Direct system and updated. Ensure classroom attributes, diagrams and pictures are entered into the scheduling system and use R25 in scheduling renovations.
6. Work with Architects,Engineers and Project Coordinators to prepare and provide design documents; research existing building drawings/blueprints, specifications and building systems.
7. Work cooperatively with contractors, consultants, architects, engineers, and other personnel participating in renovation and/or construction projects on College property. Provide existing plans and/or drawings as requested.
8. Monitor College projects that result in the addition, deletion or change in the utilization of campus space; update computerized records as needed.
9. Make on-site visits when underground utilities are exposed; verify and update campus map to reflect any changes made.
10. Assist in recording results of building and roof inspections.
11. Maintain current working knowledge of computer hardware and software; provide information and recommendations regarding updates of equipment as needed.
12. Maintain current working knowledge of construction technologies and materials, various laws, rules, regulations, and codes as they apply to building construction.
Associate’s degree in Architectural Design, or Drafting, and a minimum of 2 years previous experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Expert skill level in CAD (Computer Aided Design), spreadsheet and word processing software applications, exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational, oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision are required. Familiarity with state and local building codes is preferred.
Market Hiring Range
$18.63 to $22.00 hourly
To apply for this job please visit ithaca.peopleadmin.com.