Website Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI)
Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI) is a Connecticut-based contractor with a broad range of experience in infrastructure development, environmental remediation and demolition. Our in-house capabilities include: site work; concrete construction; soil, groundwater and sediment remediation; roadways; bridges; earth retaining systems; underground utilities; and UST removal and replacement.
LCI has an immediate opening for a Construction Project Superintendent in our Plainville, CT office. Projects will include a number of diverse site/concrete/remediation/building construction projects that will assist the project manager in all aspects/phases of the projects, both in the office and the field, including start-up, scheduling, submittals, quality control, project safety, cost control and ultimately, the total delivery of the project according to the established plans and specifications.
Our goal is to employ the right individual to be a part of our team, working with experienced professionals who will help provide the formal training and mentoring needed to grow professionally and strive toward the opportunities that LCI can offer.
- Supervise subcontractors assigned to an area of responsibility; provide liaison between field engineering and subcontractors to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications;
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications;
- Prepare work schedule, determine manpower requirements, material quantities, equipment needs, and supervise completion of final punch list;
- Site Health and Safety officer, Promote job site safety, encourages safe work practices;
- Monitor work performance and productivity of subcontractors to ensure project compliance with specifications, procedures, quality, and safety requirements;
- Conduct onsite meetings and distribute schedule updates and meeting minutes;
- Complete daily reports;
- Advise Project Managers of potential problems, work interference, and schedule difficulties; assist in resolving problems as required;
- Conduct daily walkthrough of the project site(s) ensuring work is being accomplished safely and occupational health is not compromised;
- Attends and participate in all preparatory and initial quality control phase meetings;
- Produce a Daily Safety Report of activities performed;
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, supervisors, and management;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Familiarity with working in a union environment is a plus.
- 5+ yrs. experience for a General Contractor with Commercial & Industrial construction;
- Be well versed in all construction methods;
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Strong communication skills;
- Pro-active and driven to achieve results to get the job done right;
- Use good judgement;
- Strong organizational skills to keep that project on schedule and on track;
- And strong Integrity and relationship-building skills!
Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI) is a subsidiary of Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc., an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org