Mortenson’s Phoenix Group has an immediate opening for a Group Accounting Manager / Business Partner. This dynamic position offers the opportunity to manage an exceptional team and provide significant impact to the business by providing financial analysis in a complex, non-repetitive industry, while challenging the status quo.
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 40 times regionally over the past decade… what are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking a Group Accounting Manager / Business Partner in Chandler, AZ. The Group Accounting Manager is responsible for providing accounting, analysis, and financial support to the Milwaukee Group and serve as the key liaison and business partner to the group from the Finance and Accounting department.
In this role, the Group Accounting Manager will:
· Manage a team of four or more project accountants who support the finance and accounting needs of multiple project teams managing multi-year construction projects ranging in size from $2M to $300M+.
· Gain an understanding of the scope and areas of work included within the construction contracts being executed by the group, as well as other contractual requirements
· Oversee the preparation of monthly project billings, in accordance with contractual requirements for both cost based and fixed price contracts
· Ensure that all costs are billed on a timely basis
· Resolve customer or project team billing issues as they arise
· Assist group leadership in the timely collection of contract billings
· Follow up with customer contacts as requested and monitor overall cash position of projects to ensure favorable cash flow
· Gain an understanding of the components of labor cost in the geographic areas where the operating group’s projects are located. Including the details of union agreements, benefit programs, and prevailing wage requirements.
· Oversee the process for craft labor set-up and the process for capturing and reporting labor hours on a weekly basis for all projects
· Oversee the timely processing by project accountants of subcontractor applications for payment, including for any materials providers.
· Provide assistance to project teams in complying with various other contractual requirements including, but not limited to, certified payroll reporting, minority participation reporting, owner controlled insurance programs and specialized reporting for Federal government projects
· Assist the project managers and the project accountants in the preparation of monthly project financial projections. Train others on use of the forecasting tools and other relevant reports or data such as labor productivity in order to identify and reserve for various project financial risks
· Prepare and review with group leadership the monthly Operating Group Financial Report, which highlights current financial performance versus budget and key financial trends, risks and opportunities for the business.
· Facilitate the timely resolution of issues when questions arise within the operating group. Promote a service oriented, customer friendly approach to our accounting and finance operations
Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
· 8+ year’s prior accounting experience
· Knowledge of percent complete accounting and experience in a job cost driven industry
· Experience with Microsoft Excel and ERP accounting applications
· Experience managing a diverse team
· CPA, CMA, CCIFP or MBA preferred
· Previous Construction and / or General Contractor experience preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.