Website Mortenson Construction
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking a Senior Design Phase Manager to work in our Phoenix office. The Senior Design Phase Manager will partner with Construction Executives to provide proactive design phase services to project owners and design teams.
- Act as primary point of contact with owners, architects, engineers, and trade partners during the design phase
- Learn and understand owner’s project needs, goals, and requirements
- Promote and facilitate open communication and issue resolution between design phase team members
- Define and track critical success factors to be incorporated into the PES process
- Track and manage change management decisions with owners and trade partners
- Maintain positive relationships with design partners and assist in assembling design teams for Design Build pursuits.
- Manage the design development
- Translate the owner’s vision into a constructible design solution within the overall project scope, budget, and schedule
- Provide direction and input on preferred construction means, methods, and materials for incorporation into the construction documents
- Provide input which supports overall project constructability and logistics
- Obtain, review, and coordinate information from design assist trade partners
- Incorporate trade partner recommendations and preferences into design documents where appropriate
- Lead the estimating team in translating the design solution into technical and financial cost documentation
- Includes preparation of value engineering, budget, and life cycle cost estimates
- Lead the design phase team in making critical project decisions at the right time to maintain the design schedule
- Lead the design phase team in developing and accepting solutions to design issues that support the project scope, budget, schedule, and goals
- Coordinate the efforts of multiple design entities contracted with Mortenson
- Coordinate, review, and submit design documents to the owner
- Develops, identifies and coordinates initial project VDC requirements
- Acquire services of consultants and trade partners
- Procure critical scopes of work early in the project
- Develop and implement a buyout plan that transfers design and construction risk to trade partners at the appropriate time in the project design
- Oversee budget for and make recommendations for trade partner selections with the design team, keeping within project schedule and budget parameters
- Solicit, select, and contract with designers for design-build projects
- Assist on-site project team
- Obtain input from on-site project team to support a singular project vision between Mortenson’s design and on-site project teams
- Assure applicable permits are in place to begin construction
- Utilize Mortenson standard financial and project management control procedures to ensure a smooth transition to on-site project management activities
- Initiate, facilitate, and lead early meetings between trade partners related to project coordination if requested by on-site project team
- Develop and manage preliminary on-site logistics and utilization plans until on-site project team is assigned to project
- Other duties as assigned, including
- Act as the Project Manager until a full time project manager is identified
- Mentor Design Phase Engineers and Design Phase Managers to encourage development and growth
- Provide design solution input to business development and estimating departments as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Estimating, or equivalent field
- Minimum 10 years of related field experience
- Proven ability to fulfill development responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Risk management skills
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/mxzf2yg26rj6rt3n
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.