Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson’s Denver Operating Group is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to work with the business development team, marketing coordinators, and construction teams to create compelling responses to RFP’s to meet customer requirements and differentiate Mortenson from competitors; provide oversight of the entire proposal process including coordinating scheduling, assigning marketing resources, monitoring work-flow, and producing and approving final proposal documents.
Key Result Areas (essential functions)
- Collaborate with supervisor (Director of Business Development) and marketing Manager to manage multiple deadline-driven proposals at any given time
- Facilitate interaction between business development, marketing coordinators, and operations group executives to guarantee the timeliness and quality of each stage of proposal preparation from creation to completion
- Assure that the workloads of marketing coordinators are properly balanced
- Identify process issues affecting the completion of assigned tasks and oversee a complete quality control process
- Resolve and/or escalate issues related to gaps or errors in content, timeliness, or other potential issues which could compromise the final product
- Supervise the creation, development and production of effective proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials in order to provide a competitive advantage leading to the acquisition of new business.
- Oversee 3rd party public relations and communications consultant.
B. Proposal Management
- Assume ownership of content management
- Facilitate meetings with marketing coordinators, business development, Design Phase managers, construction executives and operations group leaders to develop proposals and graphics that address target audience requirements and hot buttons
- Manage the change control process
- Ensure that all proposals use defined documentation methods, processes and tools that meet the highest quality standards
- Act as the principle and final editor on all proposals
- Schedule and manage a structured review process of all proposal efforts
- Establish and closely monitor project timelines to ensure that completed proposals meet scheduling deadlines and stay within budget
- Organize and maintain past proposal templates in searchable categories to aide in future proposal activity
- Guide marketing team in developing and refining a strategy for the proposal process and content, which involves acting as a consultant/facilitator from pre-proposal to presentation stages
- Apply targeted marketing and sales principles for external communication, publications and targeted industry events. Develop a deployment strategy for articles, award submissions, milestone events and general company announcements (through traditional media sources and social platforms.
- Guide interview teams in visual content and messaging to secure a successful outcome
- Track and coordinate all external events, sponsorship and industry participation as it relates to a robust marketing strategy that aligns with targeted customer or brand promotion
- Participate/collaborate in overall marketing strategy development and implementation
D. Other marketing activities
- Identify and coordinate new business development opportunities such as trade shows, speaking opportunities (industry panels) etc.
- Oversee the implementation of day-to-day marketing efforts including marketing materials development, distribution of press releases, award submittals, customer events, and other marketing activities
- Participate in internal company events, ensure the quality of content in both written and audio-visual form
Key Skill Requirements:
- Detailed–oriented with exceptional writing and communication skills
- Must be capable of delivering comprehensive proposals by drawing segmented information from construction, operations, and leadership teams and translating the information into solution- based language tailored to each client
- Possess excellent verbal skills and be able to interact with clients, marketing team, and senior management
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines and identify obstacles which would impact timeliness and quality
- Proficiency at scheduling project assignments and monitoring work flow to optimize results is strongly desired
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Relevant experience in A/E/C industry preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM Platforms (Salesforce) and Adobe Creative Suite also required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, or Communications strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of proposal development and/or marketing management experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.