Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Civil Infrastructure Senior Quality Manager with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are vital, with attention to detail equally important. The Quality Manager will lead, manage, document, monitor, and analyze the quality system on medium to large projects. Also, ensure necessary corrective and preventative actions are taken.
Incorporate and lead Mortenson’s quality system on medium to large sized projects:
• Lead planning, development, and implementation of the Quality Management Plan and system for all work divisions from notice to proceed through final customer acceptance
• Establish and lead quality control initiatives, activities (three Phase Inspection Process), and corrective actions
• Review project plans for quality requirements prior to Issue for Construction drawings
• Manage Quality Events and corrective actions
• Manage the punch list identification and closeout process
• Manage Non-Conformance Notices and the Request for Information process through corrective actions
• Manage and resolve issues with and without guidance from the Project Manager or Superintendent
• Oversee and coordinate third party peer design and third party testing agencies
o Make and implement recommendations as necessary
Manage subcontracts and suppliers for the project:
• Visit suppliers to review quality program for vital project components
Coach and mentor Field Engineer(s) and Project Engineer(s):
• Provide job assignments and manage career development
• Train others on Kaizen event roles or visual management
o Participate in and lead group Kaizen activities
Other duties as assigned, including:
• Maintain quality processes until project completion
• Complete special projects or initiatives as assigned by the operating group quality director
• Assure project success if required to run a project or portion of a project as a Project Manager or Superintendent
• Strong attention to detail to organize and manage multiple project tasks
• Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Primavera Unifier
• Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
• Knowledge of one or more quality systems: i.e., Malcolm Baldridge, ISO 9000, Lean, Kaizen, Army Corps of Engineers, Mortenson’s Quality System, continuous improvement, value streams, etc
• Minimum seven years’ experience in the design, engineering, or construction industry with experience leading a project’s quality system
• Minimum five years’ experience in the heavy civil / civil infrastructure industry
• Experience with issue management, and inspection of work put in place
• Completed training in basic project management and supervision
• Current driver’s license
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.