Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced MEP Superintendent with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions. The Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to assistant superintendents, contractors, and craft activities in a particular area of discipline. Develop and enhance customer relationships by providing excellent service.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementation to ensure all materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability
- Review and understand contract documents
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, resolving discrepancies
- Participate in the development and management of a project schedule to include three and six week look ahead schedules
- Develop a site logistics plan
- Manage the utilization of Mortenson tools and equipment
- Collaborate with project partner superintendents
Coaching, supervisory, and development responsibilities:
- Conduct on-site project orientations
- Conduct effective electrical pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
- Supervise project partners, craft foremen, and crews
- Responsible for the mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of Assistant Superintendent(s), General Foremen, and Foremen
- Ensure proper task coding of work hours on time cards
- Manage and track work progress and craft productivity
- Manage craft team member training, ensuring they are current prior to starting task
- Conduct career development discussions with foremen and craft team members
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Provide high level management of safety, quality, risk, and compliance for the project and team members
- Recognize and mitigate unfavorable working conditions
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures
- Minimum ten years construction experience with four of those years having supervisory experience preferably with an electrical contractor
- Data center experience preferred
- Current driver’s licens
- Proven ability to fulfill all responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or 10 years trade experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
***No Agency Calls or Solicitations
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.