Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an Estimator who will be responsible for gathering, calculating, and compiling data in order to produce project estimates; for smaller projects, this position will also prepare the full estimate.
* We are looking for an estimator for a couple locations.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
· Create Project Estimates
· Complete quantity takeoffs and summations of materials
· Solicit trade partners, obtain bid estimates and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
· Help in preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Proposal documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor’s and other schedule-driven items
· Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project
· Support lead estimator in data input into estimating software program(s)
· Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering
· Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings, and site investigations, as needed
· Support lead estimator in gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
· Help manage Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
· Provide direction to new Estimators and Engineers as they join the team
· Solicit new bidders when needed, and gather necessary documents for inclusion in future projects
· May provide training to other estimators and interns
Education and Required Skills:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
Minimum one year construction operations experience, including exposure to materials management and project operations
Current driver’s license
Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
Applicable mathematical skills
Familiarity with building/estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Job ID: 100545580
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.