Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise? Are you capable of problem solving and bring together creative solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Design Phase Executive to provide advanced project leadership during the solar design phase as it relates to customer experience, financial performance, schedule, estimating, design and planning that results in a smooth transition to construction operations. You may provide mentorship and oversight on multiple projects at a time and/or actively lead a large, complex project. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Lead the design process for solar projects
- For large, complex solar projects, serve as primary point of contact with owners, architects, engineers, and trade partners during the design phase and lead the overall project team
- Responsible for oversight and alignment of project budget and scope expectations, and any associated communications and resources
- Responsible for overall project schedule, manages through people management and achievement tracking
- Ensure regulatory approvals and permits are obtained
- Ensure proper alignment of design documents and project execution plan
- Provide advanced resolution to technical design and specification concerns
- Review project margin plans, and develop financial strategies to minimize risk and enhance opportunity
- Responsible for establishing project success factors for customers, design partners, and Mortenson team and to ensure the team is monitoring and measuring against these goals
- Responsible for creating an integrated team experience by ensuring role clarity, proper communication, and facilitating a culture that fosters collaboration
- Supervise or facilitate the solicitation, selection, and contracting with designers for design build projects
- Familiar with all contract structures and delivery models, and assists in owner agreement contract negotiations
- Lead, mentor, and guide design phase team members to ensure clear direction and career growth
- Develop and/or lead the preparation and presentation of project proposals
- Perform market research for future design and construction opportunities; may take lead for specific market segment
- Oversight and supervision of design phase team members
- Mentor Design Phase Managers/Engineers and encourage career development and growth
- Ensure team members have resources and support
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identify hiring needs and participate in hiring, discipline, and dismissal decisions if needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Model and set the tone for extraordinary customer relations, gathering feedback and clarification during design process, as well as identifying future projects and collaboration
- Handle site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
How will you succeed?
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Demonstrate the ability to fulfill development responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Risk management skills
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Interpret and communicate Mortenson policies effectively
- Ability to resolve cross-cultural conflict in a culturally appropriate manner
- Previous experience leading and providing oversight to integrated project teams
- Previous experience in design build construction work and conceptual estimating
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, Estimating, or equivalent field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.