Website Mortenson Construction
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
The Sports + Entertainment Group is committed to identifying, developing, and executing projects that reflect Mortenson’s purpose of building structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society on a national level. The Sports + Entertainment Groups’ goals are to provide our customers with a superior experience, enhance the performance of the facilities we build through our expertise, and perform at the highest levels of quality and safety on each project.
We focus on large, complex projects and seek to earn the reputation of the best and most respected sports builder in America. The Sports Group continually focuses on the growth and development of our team, processes, and operations by recruiting the best people in the industry to drive innovative construction solutions.
The company’s project sizes range from less than $1 million to more than $1 billion. Some of Mortenson’s more notable sports projects include:
- Target Field (Minneapolis, MN)
- Pinnacle Bank Arena (Lincoln, NE)
- KFC Yum! Center (Louisville, KY)
- US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
- HarborCenter (Buffalo, NY)
- SunTrust Park (Atlanta, GA)
- Sprint Center (Kansas City, MO)
- Chase Center (San Francisco, CA)
Great Opportunity! If you have a passion for building large complex projects, this position may be the one for you. The Sports + Entertainment Group is recognized as one the leaders when it comes to building sport facilities. …What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Project Engineer will review, provide analysis, management, and resolution of field coordination issues with project team members and participants.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret project plans, specifications, and details for subcontractors and craft persons
- Implement the pre-construction quality plan
- Obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits
- Work with Project Manager for fee payments or recurring permit expenses
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test and Inspection Listing, Concrete Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report
- Manage, create, and distribute contract documents
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Request for Information (RFI) and correspondence
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase
Manage all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program
- Implement three-phase inspection system
- Establish reporting formats, protocols, schedules, and any off-site testing procedures
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent promptly of test results or inspection items that do not conform to contract requirements
- Set up register in accordance with project specifications
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval
- Prepare project-specific transmittal forms in PCMS
- Coordinate the packaging, review, and processing of submittals
- Expedite submittals to ensure material deliveries are in sync with the project schedule
- Communicate details and requirements for the submittal process to subcontractors and suppliers,
- Issue submittal requirement letters that outline packaging and processing requirements
- Provide periodic updates of the submittal register to the customer or architect
- Coordinate details of various subcontractors, including verifying insurance, preparing paperwork, and requesting final payment from Finance
Develop and distribute RFIs and Change Orders
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-build construction documents
- Incorporate subcontractor as-built documentation in the procedures for revising or updating contract documents
Responsible for the mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of field engineers
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Determine alternative work methods as needed
- Coordinate safety and compliance for all team member
- Maintain schedule of timelines and follow through until completion
- Minimum of three years related construction experience
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management
100% Travel required
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/9c6bv9hfw6vs2k4m
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.