Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” over 40 times since 2002…
What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Are you looking to review, analyze, manage, and resolve field coordination issues? Are you interested in working on unique and exciting projects that will help you build the foundation to grow your career? Do you want to be an integral part of the project team? Mortenson is seeking a Project Engineer. If you answered yes to any of the questions above, this role may be for you.
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer in Iowa. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
Mortenson has completed over $2.2 billion of construction projects in Iowa since 1979 including work in higher education, healthcare, hospitality, corporate office and industrial manufacturing. We are working on a number of landmark projects with amazing customers and we would encourage you to learn more at: https://www.mortenson.com/iowa”
Opportunities available in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Des Moines.
What will you be doing?
Interpret project plans, specifications, and details for subcontractors and craft persons
- Implement the pre-construction quality plan
- Obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits
- Work with Project Manager for fee payments or recurring permit expenses
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test and Inspection Listing, Concrete Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report
- Manage, craft, and distribute contract documents
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Request for Information (RFI) and correspondence
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase
Lead all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program
- Implement three-phase inspection system
- Establish reporting formats, protocols, schedules, and any off-site testing procedures
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent promptly of test results or inspection items that do not conform to contract requirements
- Set up register in accordance with project specifications
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval
- Prepare project-specific transmittal forms in PCMS
- Coordinate the packaging, review, and processing of submittals
- Expedite submittals to ensure material deliveries are in sync with the project schedule
- Communicate details and requirements for the submittal process to subcontractors and suppliers and issue submittal requirement letters that outline packaging and processing requirements
- Provide periodic updates of the submittal register to the customer or architect
- Coordinate details of various subcontractors, including verifying insurance, preparing paperwork, and requesting final payment from Finance
Develop and distribute RFIs and Change Orders
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-build construction documents
- Incorporate subcontractor as-built documentation in the procedures for revising or updating contract documents
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Identify alternative work methods as needed
- Coordinate safety and compliance for all team members
- Maintain schedule of timelines and follow through until completion
How will you succeed?
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Teamwork, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Demonstrated positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
Key Skill Preferences
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Adaptive, effective communication and active listening skills
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all levels
Education and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position.
**No Agency e-mails, calls or solicitations accepted**
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.