OFIA Iowa Office - Iowa Office
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise? Are you able to problem solve and generate creative solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager in Iowa to partner with the project manager from bid preparation through final client acceptance. You will also lead, coach, and mentor project team members. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
Mortenson has completed over $2.2 billion of construction projects in Iowa since 1979 including work in higher education, healthcare, hospitality, corporate office and industrial manufacturing. We are working on a number of landmark projects with amazing customers and we would encourage you to learn more at: https://www.mortenson.com/iowa”
Opportunities available in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Des Moines.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Manage the overall financial health of projects
- Develop and maintain project financial projections and equipment projections
- Allocate project estimate into financial system
- Identify cost codes, approve invoices, and make necessary budget management decisions
- Provide financials and billings to Accounting for timely payment
- Create monthly owner billings
- Maintain budget for and make selections of trade partners and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
Lead Assistant Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Provide job assignments and facilitate career development
- Approve time cards for on-site team members
- Provide ongoing feedback of work performance
Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities
Execute change orders
- Decide when to submit to the owner or on-site representatives
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval
Other responsibilities, including:
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
How will you succeed?
- Minimum six years of related previous experience
- Demonstrated ability to assist with all responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and lead multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Demonstrated positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position
**No Agency e-mails, calls or solicitations accepted**
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/j54z8mxt6qwvvzd6
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.