Mortenson Construction is a family-owned, privately-held corporation that began in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1954. Today the company operates as a diversified construction organization, offering services in construction, design-build, development, diverse workforce planning, facility operations, preconstruction, and program management.
Mortenson helps all customers achieve their goals – anywhere in the world. Mortenson maintains its company headquarters in Minneapolis, and supports offices in Chicago, Denver, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Seattle, and Shanghai, China. Smaller offices are staffed as needed around the world in order to serve the unique needs of our customers. We also have teams that specialize in certain types of markets, such as federal work, renewable energies, sports arenas, and mission critical facilities.
Our business philosophy is dedicated to trusting relationships, excellence in performing services, and advanced technology in building. We have built a reputation for being a solid and progressive company that is trustworthy, responsible, and a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
Mortenson’s Denver Operating Group is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager. This individual will partner with business unit market leaders to develop and support positioning strategies with existing and potential customers to win project work within our Civil Infrastructure market sectors.This role will report to either our Director of Business Development.
Manage the positioning activities of the business development team:
- Participate in strategic business planning; developing strategic positioning plan for company and project pursuits to win work
- Shares responsibility for achieving selections goal
- Create and produce internal and external communications, marketing/branding/advertising materials and presentations
- Coordinate prequalification efforts with targeted customers and partners
- Initiate customer feedback on proposals and presentations
- Function as the liaison between business development, pre-construction, and marketing
- Provide insight into the civil market sectors; perform market trends analysis
- Actively being the gatekeeper for the executive team concerning proposals, contracts and Go/No-go activities pertaining to pursuits
- Develop and share active market research to guide and shape Mortenson priorities
- Support our annual business planning process
Establish and nurture strategic business partnerships and customer relationships:
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential partners including, but not limited to: targeted customers, design professionals, partner companies, community leaders, utilities, equipment manufacturers, and engineering firms
- Identify new market sector opportunities and potential future customers and convert them to contacts for market sector leaders
- Actively research project opportunities through networking, personal relationships, cold calls, reading of publications, attending community events, and participating in industry organizations
- Champion lead identification and generation
- Build and maintain a database of potential customers and opportunities
- Manage the coordination of introductory meetings with prospective customers
- Shape our development message and vision for Civil sector to existing clients
- Become familiar with customer’s project estimates to facilitate discussion with customer
- Complete Request for Proposals with 100% accuracy and compliance with the owner’s specifications
- Learn to carry selections through pre-construction including early costing and design concepts
Play an integral role with the development team:
- Take work direction, utilize training, and complete performance reviews
- Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision making to assure project success
KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven customer relationship building skills with developed local/regional business knowledge and relationships
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful marketing strategies
- Ability to successfully prioritize time and activities and utilize networking sessions, lunch and learns etc. with purpose
- Detail orientation sufficient for data entry, reporting, financial projections for sales and selections and market analysis
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate and share internally with other team members on external BD responsibilities
- Strong comprehension of construction law and generally accepted business practices coupled with high degree of sales acumen
- Microsoft Office, Project, and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level, including specific CRM experience.
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies to team members and outside parties
- Serve as a role model for others in the business unit and company
- Travel of up to 10% may be necessary to fulfill the objectives of the position
KEY SKILL PREFERENCES:
- Persuasive, persistent, winsome self-starter motivated by challenge and change
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Adaptive, effective communication and active listening skills
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and inclusive behaviors
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
- Proven track record of including diverse team members when assigning challenging and high-profile tasks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Minimum seven years business development experience in construction, engineering, development, or similar real-estate service related-industry.
- Proven experience in tracking and managing wide range of leads, focusing on follow-through and closure
- Strong knowledge of civil construction market preferred
- Current driver’s license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ztjpfxz7z44jyqgd
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.