Mortenson’s success is a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade…
The Sports + Entertainment Group is committed to identifying, developing, and executing projects that reflect Mortenson’s purpose of building structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society on a national level. The Sports + Entertainment Groups’ goals are to provide our customers with a superior experience, enhance the performance of the facilities we build through our expertise, and perform at the highest levels of quality and safety on each project.
We focus on large, complex projects and seek to earn the reputation of the best and most respected sports builder in America. The Sports Group continually focuses on the growth and development of our team, processes, and operations by recruiting the best people in the industry to drive innovative construction solutions.
The company’s project sizes range from less than $1 million to more than $1 billion. Some of Mortenson’s more notable sports projects include:
- Target Field (Minneapolis, MN)
- Pinnacle Bank Arena (Lincoln, NE)
- KFC Yum! Center (Louisville, KY)
- US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
- Milwaukee Bucks New Arena (Milwaukee, WI)
- SunTrust Park (Atlanta, GA)
- Las Vegas Multi-purpose Stadium (Las Vegas, NV)
- Chase Center (San Francisco, CA)
Mortenson builds more than buildings. Our team members lead the way to create new sources of power, create awe through amazing fan experiences and provide comfort to those in need. With values at our core, Mortenson team members tackle complex challenges and provide innovative solutions with teamwork and pride. Join the team, and help us build what’s next.
Director of Project Development – Sports + Entertainment Group
Primary duties: The objective of this position is to bring new business opportunities into the company by being the champion of the Sports + Entertainment Group’s (Sports Group) business development. This position leads the positioning activities of the Sports Group business development operations, builds and nurtures strategic relationships and manages the business development, marketing and analytics team. This position reports to the Sports Group’s office General Manager.
- Develop and build relationships and networks with key industry leaders, including sports franchises, colleges and universities, live entertainment, hospitality, and corporate partners, governments, financial institutions, public agencies and A&E firms.
- Lead market research, analytics and insight development strategy in key customer markets and industries.
- Provides leadership for the growth of the Sports Group in customer markets outlined in the business plan.
- Develop strategy and oversee public relations efforts to build Sports Group brand.
- Participate in annual strategic business planning.
- Oversee the business development, analytics and marketing functions, including:
- Identify and apply appropriate filters to project opportunities
- Develop the plan and strategy for winning projects
- Position and promote the Mortenson team
- Assist with proposal development and review
- Develop presentation approach
- Coach and prepare team for presentations
- Manage the business development, analytics and marketing team
- Manage internal and external communication, branding, public relations and advertising.
- Develop technical solution for project approach by coordinating preconstruction, construction, analytics, marketing, and business development functions.
- Possess traits that are consistent with Mortenson’s values of Trust, Teamwork, Safety, Service, Stewardship and Responsibility.
- Professional expertise demonstrated through at least fifteen years of industry related experience.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in business, marketing, design, engineering, construction or related field preferred
- Knows the key players in one or more of the targeted markets (owners, A&E firms, and subcontractors)
- Knows the current trends and can speak the talk of the industry.
- Executes strategies, goals and objectives to completion.
- Persuasive, winsome, persistent, relentless self-starter motivated by challenge and change.
- Resourceful, collaborative and professional.
- Looking for a long-term commitment with Mortenson.
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels.
- Operational background – Experience managing construction projects in an advisory, design or construction capacity.
- Position will be based in Minneapolis, MN
Undergraduate or master’s degree in business, marketing, design, engineering, construction or related field preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.