Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking a passionate Safety Manager to provide management, leadership, direction and support within Mortenson’s Zero Injury Safety program for multiple project teams and construction sites. You may also have supervisory responsibility to one or more safety professionals. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which may include:
Provide safety oversight, leadership and direction in the implementation of the Zero Injury Safety program across multiple project sites
- Lead project management teams in developing site specific safety program and activities
- Identify training needs and conduct safety orientation and training programs, including train-the trainer sessions
- Review Safety Submittals and attend preconstruction and preparatory meetings with subcontractor
- Provide professional direction and mentorship to Safety, Senior Safety Engineers and Coordinators
- Oversee documentation, tracking and analysis of all Safety, Injury and Hazard statistics, trend analyses, and OSHA report
- Conduct work area safety audits
- Conduct or assist with major incident analysis
- Monitor and review subcontractor activities for safety concerns
- Lead Return to Work and Modified Duty program
- Collaborate with Risk Management department
- Review project work plans to ensure safety is adequately incorporated
Provide resource of safety related information
- Evaluate and offer solutions for industrial hygiene concerns
- Maintain operational knowledge of construction safety, OSHA, ANSI, and other applicable standards, regulations, laws, and procedures
- Serve as resource for safety issues or concerns for all project team members/operating group management
Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of safety engineers
- Support OG Safety Director and Safety Leadership Team in achieving and maintaining performance metrics
- Work with client safety personnel, union representatives, industry groups, etc.
- Accompany safety, health, insurance and OSHA personnel on work-site tours
- Ensure maintenance and inspection of safety equipment and protective wear
- Contribute in the annual review process of operating group safety engineers as requested
How do you succeed?
- Minimum seven years of construction safety experience
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office and pertinent safety related software programs
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies to team members and outside parties effectively
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, occupational health or related field
- CSP preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.