Transforming the construction experience by building smart.
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to procure construction opportunities for the company.
• Identify qualified opportunities through the development of strategic relationships with architects, Engineers, developers and owners.
• Provide thought-leadership in the defined sector and region while maintaining up-to-date knowledge of developments in these areas.
• Critically apply market and business sectors knowledge toward the formation of pre-qualified opportunity and client lists.
• Develop and execute against detailed account plans.
• Develop and execute against detailed agency/association membership plans to maximize development of industry relationships.
• Actively manage customer relationship management database (CRM).
• Lead the articulation of Suffolk’s unique value proposition of ‘Build Smart’ for each opportunity.
• Work closely with National and Regional Marketing departments to ensure consistency of brand message.
• Support the company’s response to requests for proposals and bid opportunities once qualified opportunities have been identified.
• Support preparation of document package with the Marketing Team and project team for the interview phase.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or relevant discipline with four years’ experience in the field or a related area.
• Extensive knowledge of construction markets and business sectors including proven success in the NYC construction market is essential.
• A thorough familiarity with construction concepts, definitions, practices and procedures is fundamental. Knowledge of local planning, permitting, and zoning regulations is required.
• Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism, and Caring.
• Candidate must be adaptable and able to quickly adjust to evolution in the industry and markets.
• Strong communication and organizational skills are necessary, along with an ability to be self-directed.
To apply for this job please visit careers-suffolkconstruction.icims.com.